Has Ubuntu budgie 18.10 fixed these two bugs?

Does Ubuntu Budgie 18.11 fix the ‘auto/intelligent panel not popping up when it should if the panel is along the bottom of the screen’ bug?

Or the bug where the ordering of applets in the panel get messed up after every reboot?

These would be my two main reasons to upgrade so I’m curious to know if they are fixed in the new release.

you mean 18.10 :slight_smile:

I believe the auto popup issue is still an issue on the upstream tracker.

The usual fix for the ordering issue is to reset your panel - before recustomising it again - resetting should fix this quirk

nohup budgie-panel --reset --replace &

Thanks I’ll try out that command and see if it fixes it. Thanks for all your work on UB btw, its my daily OS on both my laptop and desktop :slight_smile:

I’ve just down a clean install of UB 18.04 and this issue is still present. I’ve run that command above and it fixes it, until I go to recustomise the panel, and which point the ordering in the panel no longer matches the ordering as it appears in the settings menu. Is there anything else I can try?

1 Like

Quick observation that I noticed in my testing:

I reset my panel and logged out and logged in and raven trigger began to wander again. So I repeated … and then just restarted my panel … raven trigger began to wander!

So I reset the panel again and observed that there was an error displayed in the terminal that dropby was not installed … I don’t remember uninstalling it - so reinstalled it, reset, restarted the panel and raven trigger stayed where it should.

I’m wondering if the panel applet positions start to be affected if someone just uninstalls the applet first without removing from the panel."

I’ve just tried it, and its working for me so far! It’s as if when you reset the panel, dropyby gets placed in the panel. But if dropyby isn’t installed, then it causes Raven’s ordering to get messed up. So the fix is simply to install dropby, fantastic!

Just an idea, it might be worth adding that package ‘dropyby’ into UB minimal installation, as this bug probably effects all users of the minimal installation who don’t manually install the dropby package.

Good point. Will check.

readded for both bionic 18.04.2 and also 19.04. Cheers for the prod.

No worries, thanks for the fix.