Is configured multiple times

hi folks,
when i update with the terminal i get this message

W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (main/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11-icons (main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Translations (restricted/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Translations (restricted/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11 (restricted/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11 (restricted/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (restricted/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11-icons (restricted/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target CNF (restricted/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target CNF (restricted/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (main/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11-icons (main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Translations (restricted/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target Translations (restricted/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11 (restricted/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11 (restricted/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (restricted/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target DEP-11-icons (restricted/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target CNF (restricted/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59
W: Target CNF (restricted/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:46 and /etc/apt/sources.list:59

it doesn’t seem to cause any problems, nonetheless it is a little weird. has anybody else encountered this?
thanks in advance

thank you very much! i’m so e-illiterate i didn’t even know how to find the information you sent me. unfortunately that information was mostly a little over my head, it even took me awhile to figure out how to show the line numbers on gedit, but once i did it was easy enough to remove the redundant line, and this morning i got to a good internet connection and updated, and the error message about being configured multiple times did not show up. hooray, success!

thank you again for the help, and though i had to do a little head scratching to fix things i keep remembering the line ‘that which doesn’t kill us just makes us stronger’, and with your help i not only fixed the problem but i gained a little confidence.

should i tag my request for help as ‘fixed’ or something?

yours,

orm

1 Like