Missing from Raven?

Play progress/track control position.

Have my doubts that info is available via mpris-d … you can investigate that specification further.

Didn’t want to create a new topic and this title seems appropriate:

Screenshot from 2020-07-04 22-23-21

Actual power options are not shown when I enable this:
Settings | Lock | Log-out

I would expect Suspend, Reboot, Shutdown
Also, I remember there being the auto-rotate toggle… is it still possible to get that one back?
I know there is an applet but I don’t like seeing applets I don’t use very often.

That power strip option is something upstream have indicated will be removed from a future release. So there is no chance for all those options appearing in raven in the future.

Autorotate perhaps is something that should exist somewhere built into the gui. Perhaps a little project for someone to do via a pull request upstream.

1 Like

Is there any other way (besides Raven) to have a “Power Strip” menu that has the Reboot, Shut Down, Hibernate and/or Sleep options?

yes and no - if you are using our Ubuntu Budgie menu (the one with the icons in a grid) - then there is a appmenu budgie desktop settings panel applet option to turn on a power strip.

If you are using the standard budgie menu (the list of categories in the popover) then no - power strip is only available via raven.

Do you mean something like that?

Yes but with the menu with the grid and the app.
I actually use to find the Power strip with Shut Down, Reboot, Sleep and Hibernate in Raven very neat…
But I cannot find did anymore :confused:

Would you be so kind as to tell me how I can activate this?
Between Budgie Extra, Budgie Settings, Preferences, Settings, the Tweak Tool… I have a pretty hard time to find where to set a given setting… Kinda discovering this Disto.

Thanks!

All budgie configuration is in budgie settings.

Open that, click on the panel on the left side. There you will see a list of the applets that are on your panel.

Click on the appmenu applet and on the right side if the window you will see the applet settings.

1 Like