Was just reading https://blog.elementary.io/introducing-elementary-os-5-1-hera/. I honestly am not an Elementary fan, but the new stuff is great!
- Onboarding - a nice, polished setup wizard after installation. https://blog.elementary.io/get-settled-into-elementary-os-with-onboarding/
- Sideload, Flatpak integration (download and click a .flatpakref to install):
- A consistent Lock and Login screen - this looks nice for login, https://github.com/nick92/Enso-OS/tree/master/greeter, and the Lock, well we need Light locker. or just get light locker, that’s enough.
- Our own Software store, a fork of GNOME Software with Applets etc. Can replace Welcome’s install features.
- Let Welcome be written in GTK, to fit in with all themes. Not really as much of a priority, but still a good idea
All for now, folks. Got more to rant bout later.