Testing 22.04 - Are you brave enough?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Community project: Ubuntu Budgie Gaming

I installed yesterday. All running great.
I have one issue that I have be trying to resolve.

This has to do with the Systems Setting app.
At first it opened as expected and functioning.
I was about mid way on the main menu, and the stopped functioning.
after several reboots.
My log says ( Settings schema ‘org.gnome.shell.app-switcher’ is not installed )

Budgie Settings all work fine.

Thank You

Please do report the bug so that it can be fixed:

ubuntu-bug gnome-control-center

budgie does not use the gnome-shell appswitcher.

After you have reported the issue, the workaround is the following:

gsettings reset org.gnome.ControlCenter last-panel

I will report the bug.

All working with the workaround.

Thank you

When I click on “Multitasking” goes back to the not opening.
All other settings selections function fine.

If you are seeing a persistent notification to enable Ubuntu Pro there is a bug report and fix released. The fix may be in proposed. I received a notification after updates today , so not fixed for me yet.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s…s/+bug/1959869

You can’t turn off notifications. Sorry, the ability to turn off notificari9ns seems to be missing, in 21.10, you select the little bell in the notifications dropdown to turn off. The little bell is missing.

hmm - sounds odd - this is my up-to-date jammy

Here is what I see:
Screenshot from 2022-02-05 06:22:41

OK, it’s there but not visible. I did a mouse over the area and see the box. I select it and turn notifications off and now its visible. BUT, if I log off and then log on its gone again. Tried it with different themes and with Dark theme and built-in theme same thing.

Screenshot from 2022-02-05 06:39:20

Problem with your icon-set?

Tried different icons, Pocillo, etc and same thing. Originally tested on Thinkpad but happens in a VirtualBox instance as well.

Desktop settings.

are you using the budgie-control-center PPA ?

No. just standard 22.04 packages.

Please use the PPA … on the next couple of weeks an update of the archive to something like the ppa will be done.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntubudgie-dev/budgie-control-center

I spunup a new VM with todays download and can’t reproduce the issue, will pick at it awhile and see what happens…

Hi, I’m testing 22.04 and I can´t still not install flatpaks from recommandations.

run budgie-welcome from a terminal and then try to install flatpaks from recommendations - what do you see in the terminal output?