Adapta and Pixel-Saver applet

And honestly by my obvious lack of knowledge, I’m not sure to understand what those changes were trying to fix.

But I’m not 100% sure either of what is the normal expectation here. Does it mean what looked « normal » to my eyes until now was actually broken ?

To be honest I don’t know. Things look like they are working for Pocillo, QogirBudgie and Arc i.e. the themes we ship.

It needs more investigation why this Adapta theme, Vimix-dark-ruby etc behave as they do.

It’s not « perfect » in Pocillo - there is also differences between buttons in window bar vs. in pixel-saver ( missing backgrounds on reduce and minimize button + potatoe shape instead of circle ).

It looks OK in Arc. Cant’ say for Qogir, I should reinstall it.

Don’t each applet need its own styling somehow, in each theme ?

v4.0.0 stable release of pixel saver has now been made.

Theming has been revamped. This is about the most the applet can now achieve with theming. Where specific themes play with “active/focus” type changes compared to “unfocussed” then there isn’t much we can do - everything on the panel is “unfocussed”.

We have added a “pixelsaver” style class to help theme maintainers style more appropriately.

2 Likes