CSS overview for GTK2/3

It’s hard to write a big story for a simple question: Is there a overview of the CSS commands that we can use in Budgie? And if not, can such a listing be created somehow? Especially a oversight of all budgie exclusive elements like budgie-panel would be great.

To clarify where the question comes from, there are many differences between normal GTK3 and Budgie GTK3, that much is obvious to me and trial/error only get’s me so far.

Examples:

• Where in default GTK3 I can give a margin to a panel, that will be upheld even when windows go maximized, here it will only respect panel total height/width (incl padding), not margin.
  • Where in default GTK3 I can make a linear gradient with alpha set, here the alpha value is ignored.

Screenshot shows both issues in action, but these are just examples and many more will likely come.

Screenshot%20from%202018-05-06%2022-24-10

This should get you going as to the budgie was specifics

https://github.com/UbuntuBudgie/pocillo-gtk-theme/blob/master/src/gtk-3.0/3.22/sass/apps/_budgie.scss

Probably easier to look at existing gtk themes that is budgie compatible.

Yeah was using Pocillo as a reference sheet and reason I picked the theme I have is partly because it has budgie specific elements already in play. But some elements are missing like the “space a maximized window can occupy” and can’t seem to find any reference to either the CSS or brute forcing it into engine.

Thing is, this will be used for a TV setup instead of regular close-range desktop, so many objects need some drastic change to make it work for a more remote workflow. Am bound to have to rely on some features not used in any default themes, but are probably implemented or hackable regardless.