Firefox(snap) doesn't honor the makeover themes

Hi Team,

I’ve been using Ubuntu budgie for quite some years and I really love it. At present, I’m using Ubuntu Budgie 22.10 and I’ve installed ‘Mojave’ theme from ‘Budgie Makeover and Layouts’. Except for firefox (snap), all the other apps and windows have the Mojave theme (the window minimize, maximize and close buttons have yellow, green and red colors). I’ve seen the same behaviour in Ubuntu Budgie 23.04 (Lunar Lobster) when I’ve installed in my VM today. I’ve uninstalled and re-installed the firefox and re-deployed the themes but the issue still remains. I would like to know from you guys if this is expected behaviour in firefox (snap) and if there is any way to fix it.

Thanks,
Copy Ninja.

Any snap that supports gtk themes must have an associated theme snap.

So for our default themes Pocillo and QogirBudgie we have also published theme snaps with the same name.

If you do not see a notification message asking if you want to download the theme snap, it means that theme snap doesnt yet exist.

That would be an opportunity for the community here to step in, create the theme snap and get it published with the correct autoconnection properties

1 Like

Understood. Thanks @fossfreedom.

Much appreciated.

Regards,
CopyNinja

1 Like

Well, easier is just to :
⋅ first sync’ or backup your firefox profile ;
⋅ then remove Firefox as a snap
⋅ install Firefox from autonomous archive provided by Mozilla ( which auto-updates ) ;
⋅ or install Firefox from MozillaTeam ppa ( then updates through your apt manager ).

Those ( archive or .deb package ) will follow your gtk theming and fully work as expected.