Improvement for Lock Keys Indicator?

Good good.

Actually I was suggesting doing the equivalent in vala rather then suggesting to upstream to drop the existing in favour of python.

¿? Nobody has ever suggested upstream to drop one thing in favor of another.

I may be a bit too enthusiast but I never made such a suggestion, neither here nor there.

I did play on my computers with the Unity Indicator because I needed it for work and shared this as a workaround because it’s not a « gadget » : just try to use teamviewer, dwservice, anydesk and the likes for desktop sharing on caps-lock’d machines :wink:

And just off the record, to confirm that « toggle key indicator » works like a charm with my remote machines.

Once again thank you.

Well the good new on this upstream did accept the patch to add this feature, so it should show up in the real applet eventually. A little different (click the icons instead of having a popover), but less intrusive to the original applets design. But I personally feel better about doing this “the right way”, so Solus and other distros can benefit.

That is terrific news !

Moreover, Budgie Desktop now lets users toggle CapsLock and NumLock by clicking the Lock Keys applet

1 Like

I will be spinning up a PPA for 10.5.3 + budgie-screensaver builds for 20.04/20.10/21.04 & 21.10 very soon so everyone can test these types of changes.

Probably will raise a separate topic to cover this.