We are currently planning the areas the team are considering for 20.10 in October.
Whilst I know this topic will potentially turn into a wishlist - I am genuinely interested in any thoughts you have where Ubuntu Budgie should concentrate on in the future.
So drop your thoughts here. Try to keep one wishlist per post. Upvote ideas by hitting the “love” button. As always - if you think you have the talent (I know you have!) then offers of help to implement are more likely to move a wishlist into reality.
The list here will be amended where the team thinks there is a potential (and its only a potential) for enhancements:
- Drag & drop windows to move them to another workspace.
We have the window mover, but its code is due to an update. Moving windows seems furthermore more user friendly from a list of windows than window by window -> either add it to previews as a(n) optional drag&drop bar, or as a right-click option to visualspace, or both.
- Another one for previews: see if we can make keeping ctrl pressed, but switch from tab to above-tab, previews switch to another stack with either all or app-specific window overview.
- Look at gestures - https://github.com/bulletmark/libinput-gestures
- Application Menu - lets be bottom bar friendly - so the search/powerstrip should be at the bottom of the grid view if the menu is located on a panel located at the bottom of the screen
- Convert Cinnamon Screensaver to be budgie friendly https://github.com/UbuntuBudgie/cinnamon-screensaver
- Add an option to hot corners settings to hide the icon in the panel. Hot corner definitions will therefore be via the applet settings
- the themes options in “welcome”. have a “try” option - and/or possibly a “save/restore” options.
- the layouts options in “welcome”. have a “try” option - and/or possibly a “save/restore” options.
- revisit the screenshot code in budgie-desktop to see if it can be made more flexible - user defined screenshot tool, mapping to all the combinations of screenshot available in Settings - Keyboard
- Uplift to budgie-desktop 10.5.2 - also backport to 20.04 LTS users
- Dynamically enable keyboard shortcuts/remove shortcuts if previews / shuffler are enabled/disabled i.e. so that you dont have to logout and login.
- Shuffler: create option for screen partitioning - per application or all.
- Shuffler: add option to set toggle-maximize within set margins (requires bookkeeping if we want to toggle to original sizes)
- Dropby: make the popup position a setting
- All non-translated budgie-extras applets to have translatable strings - so our transifex community can contribute translations
- Start to look at third-party applets - can we help in anyway for those third-party upstreams to have translated applets