We are currently planning the areas the team are considering for 20.10 in October.
Whilst I know this topic will potentially turn into a wishlist - I am genuinely interested in any thoughts you have where Ubuntu Budgie should concentrate on in the future.
So drop your thoughts here. Try to keep one wishlist per post. Upvote ideas by hitting the “love” button. As always - if you think you have the talent (I know you have!) then offers of help to implement are more likely to move a wishlist into reality.
The list here will be amended where the team thinks there is a potential (and its only a potential) for enhancements:
- Drag & drop windows to move them to another workspace.
We have the window mover, but its code is due to an update. Moving windows seems furthermore more user friendly from a list of windows than window by window -> either add it to previews as a(n) optional drag&drop bar, or as a right-click option to visualspace, or both.
- Another one for previews: see if we can make keeping ctrl pressed, but switch from tab to above-tab, previews switch to another stack with either all or app-specific window overview.
- Look at gestures - https://github.com/bulletmark/libinput-gestures
- Convert Cinnamon Screensaver to be budgie friendly https://github.com/UbuntuBudgie/cinnamon-screensaver
- Add an option to hot corners settings to hide the icon in the panel. Hot corner definitions will therefore be via the applet settings
- the themes options in “welcome”. have a “try” option - and/or possibly a “save/restore” options.
- the layouts options in “welcome”. have a “try” option - and/or possibly a “save/restore” options.
- revisit the screenshot code in budgie-desktop to see if it can be made more flexible - user defined screenshot tool, mapping to all the combinations of screenshot available in Settings - Keyboard