Software store app not updating

Whenever I run the software app, I’m unable to search for anything as nothing is ever actually found. All I see is the blank screen with a spinner, and it never stops. I can search for software that is displayed right there in the list when I first open the app and still, nothing is found. Likewise, if I click directly on a software app, again, all I see is a blank page with the spinner… I’m running UB 20.04, I have kept up with all the updates, I have no other system problems, can access the internet, etc. Does anyone have an idea what could cause the software app to act this way? Thanks for any help!

1 Like

That did it! Thank you so much, fossfreedom! :slight_smile: That has been bothering me for a few months now. I had no idea what was going on. In my case, the "gnome-software’ folder didn’t already exist so I just did the “killall” command and the “mkdir” command and then re-started the software app and it immediately began updating the software cache or whatever like it should. :slight_smile: