Strange text on the screen when starting the computer!(?)

Hi all.
MBP early 2011 ‘converted’ to Linux with Ubuntu Budgie 20.04.
Run it more or less perfectly for about a month. Do upgrades regularly (once a week in general).
A week ago something happened when I turn on the computer; When screen is still black and before the login set up is shown, a text in white is seen on the screen. It says;
‘Failed to set MokListRT: Invalid Parameter
Could not create MokListRT: Invalid Parameter
Importing MOK states has failed: import_mok_state0: Invalid parameter
Continuing boot since secure mode is disabled_’

This text is seen for about 3 seconds and then comes the normal login page (‘admin login’).
But even after the first login the text is seen again, but this time for only like 1 sec, then comes the regular login (user name).

/MrMX

Its a known bug:

So thoughts in the comments in that bug report.

fossfreedom
Thanks!
I tried this;
sudo su -
cd “/boot/efi/EFI/ubuntu”
cp grubx64.efi shimx64.efi
reboot

and it looks like the white text on the black background is gone.
/MrMX

Just be aware when the next bug fix version of grub2 is released your changes will be overwritten.

Yeah - now the ‘problem’ is back from a couple a weeks ago.
Is there a way to get around this?
Thanks.
/MrMX

same solution I would imagine - the grub release in the last couple of weeks would have overwritten your manual changes

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean.
Same solution as the last time using ‘sudo su -
cd “/boot/efi/EFI/ubuntu”
cp grubx64.efi shimx64.efi
reboot’
It doesn’t work.

Live with it or take any other action?
Thanks
/H

Well if that doesn’t work then you will have to wait until the grub issue is resolved.

Hi there. Happy New Year everyone !! I also have a problem similiar to this though the text is a little different. It reads : Failed to set MoklistRT: Invalid Parameter Could not create MoklistRT: IGNU GRUB version 2.04 Importing Mok states has failed:Import_mok_state()failed Minimal BASH-like editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device or file completion

My computer froze on a facebook page becoming unresponsive and for the first time ever, my mouse would not work and I had to do a hard shutdown. When I restarted the computer, I had error messages hardware error CPU; hardware error TSC; hardware error Processor 2.7 etc.

I tried using recovery mode and also a recovery drive but no success. My computer wont even boot to normal log in screen. I can’t get past that error message in grub. I tried a reinstall but it wont boot to either flash drive or DVD. Have looked on the internet for fixes but no success so far.

I am using Ubuntu Budgie 20.04.1. with latest kernel

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks. Lyndon

hmm - hardware errors are usually the first signs of a failing component - sounds motherboard related.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Lyndon