Testing 22.10 - Are you brave enough?

I am running 22.10 with current updates.

I noticed for some reason my System Settings will not launch.
Budgie Desktop Setting is working as intended.
No other issues.
Thanks

run budgie-control-center from a terminal. Any output?

I tested todays daily and budgie-control-center runs successfully from the menu.

Sorry I was away. budgie-control-center and all good and Removed Settings icon in dock with budgie-control-center

Thanks ya all

Had to install from fresh 22.04, that worked every time, via sudo do-release-upgrade -d
The 22.10 installation media would take forever to install at the end, then once it did boot, it would just repeatedly crash and ask me to log out.
Tried different Ubuntu Budgie dailies too, always same results.
Ubuntu dailies work just fine

Thanks for the report.

Please report the issue about the lengthy install to launchpad

ubuntu-bug ubiquity

You will need to attach your install logs DebuggingUbiquity/AttachingLogs - Ubuntu Wiki

I can concur with the budgie crash issues - there is a couple of issues here cause by recent changes to various packages in the last week - one of the fixes we have added now to the package budgie-desktop-environment and the other in budgie-desktop itself.

Both have now been uploaded to launchpad - budgie-desktop is currently in the proposed channel and will hopefully be released over the next few hours/day or two.

budgie-desktop-environment has already made its way to the release channel.

budgie-desktop has now migrated to the release pocket and thus will be part of the daily ISO (13th Sept)

Budgie Welcome - “Budgie Themes & Layouts” menu option has been changed to “Budgie Makeovers & Layouts” to present a more meaningful view of the change. Welcome has been updated accordingly and translations on Transifex are now needed. Please help folks.

Budgie Desktop:
14. IBUS handling has been revamped to resolve the wrong keyboard layout on logon. This needs careful testing especially for those that use multiple keyboard layouts.

Important bug fix has been made with the panel layout. This is now on the dailies.

My strong recommendation is for all testers to now reinstall to remove all the stuff changed and reworked during this cycle.

First beta builds are now ready

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/439/builds

Please enter results on the iso tracker above

1 Like