This topic is intended to capture early testing of 19.10 (eoan ermine).
If you have spare hardware and don’t mind regularly reinstalling when (and I mean WHEN) 19.10 eats your installation then feel free to give your feedback here. Early testing will improve the final release
This first post will be updated with the latest important info - so you don’t need to trawl through the posts.
- Latest mutter 3.33.4 (21st July) - this has the latest mutter speed fixes - so it is important to check if there are any regressions with budgie.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntubudgie-dev/eoan-test && sudo apt upgrade
- Multimonitor Desktop ShowTime capability
- Window Mover Applet ( sudo apt install budgie-window-mover-applet) has now multimonitor support
- Our minimal install has been on a diet - please check regularly that all works as you would expect.
- QogirBudgie Theme has received updates since 19.04 - the latest release (2019-05-03) is now available to test through our eoan-test PPA
- budgie-indicator-applet has been reworked to allow smaller panel sizes and fix huge icons.
- Making our budgie applets compatible with 4K displays
- Menu - Budgie Themes and Menu - Budgie Applets should now work - needs careful checking that capabilities work as expected.
- Various patches added to budgie-desktop
- New applet “Brightness Controller applet” makes an appearance
- QuickChar used to find and paste special characters makes an appearance
- Fuzzy clock applet is now available to test
- Workspace Stopwatch applet is now available to test