This topic is intended to capture early testing of 20.04 (Focal Fossa).
- Oct 25th - Feb 27th - development
- Feb 27th - Feature freeze
- April 2nd - Beta Testing
- April 16th - Release Candidate
- April 23rd - Final Release
If you have spare hardware and don’t mind regularly reinstalling when (and I mean WHEN) 20.04 eats your installation then feel free to give your feedback here. Early testing will improve the final release
Use this query to see if your testing issue has been highlighted by others first before reporting.
This first post will be updated with the latest important info - so you don’t need to trawl through the posts. Remember - everything listed below is subject to change/removal and should not be used as indicative with the beta & later release.
- Desktop Menu - we are thinking about making available a stylish new menu applet - Details
- Network Manager Applet - soft fork now included in budgie-extras - Details TBA
- System Tray applet now dropped as a default - it is buggy and the network manager applet is now/intended as a default - Details TBA
- At the same time - added the ability to not run network-manager applet - this ensures the buggy system tray icon no longer appears
- Multiple desktop layouts - need help to realise this - Details - TBD
- WallStreet - new lightweight wallpaper rotator every x minutes - Details
- Windows Shuffler - Reworked shuffler with additional capability - Details
- Budgie Desktop 10.5.1 - Latest version of budgie desktop with new capabilities - Details
- Multi-monitor panels - need testing and feedback for possible multiple panels across monitors - Details TBD
- Budgie Extras Translations - number of applets have now display translations in the following languages & locales - please confirm/update translations where necessary - https://www.transifex.com/ubuntu-budgie/ - all translations incorporated into the extras daily PPA to test with ppa:ubuntubudgie-dev/budgie-extras-daily
- Cloud sync budgie settings - can be used to restore - Details TBD
- Latest version of Qogir gtk theme - Details TBD
- “Login Window” aka lightdm-settings has received a sizeable update - Details
- New applet budgie-visualspace-applet - a stylish compact workspace switcher - Details
- F12/Workspace switching/disable of event sounds and cleanup of budgie-desktop-environment - Details
- HiDPI (4K) support for Budgie applets (both in built and third-party) and their popup functionality - Details
- Fix for shortcuts mysteriously going missing - need your help to confirm - Details
- Fix for multimonitors to stop windows overlapping the top-bar when maximised - need your help to confirm all panel positions and scaling options - Details
- Switch from qt5-style-plugins to qt5ct for QT app styling - apps such as vlc - Details.
- Dropby applet makes a reappearance as a default panel applet - Details
- Application Indicator applet - don’t show missing image icons for google hangouts extension i.e. Chrome/Chromium have now removed appindicator support - the extension from google has still to catch up
- Weathershow applet - Display temperature correctly on vertical panels
- All welcome themes made available for Focal users - need a confirmation that all is well - TBA
- All welcome applets made available for Focal users - need a confirmation that all is well - TBA
- Support large global menu in budgie-desktop panel - Details
- Whilst we have decided not to ship DesktopFolder (the desktop icons replacement for Nemo Desktop) a new version is available for the LTS - Details
- Fixed budgie-desktop bug to allow custom layouts that includes left & right panels.
- Preparing mutter 3.36 compatibility for budgie-desktop - https://github.com/solus-project/budgie-desktop/pull/1918
- Celluloid has now replaced gnome-mpv
- Samba has been removed as a default install