Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 LTS Released!

Will do … I guess I can wait another day, or two, or three … :slightly_smiling_face:

So, I finally lost my patience and forced and upgrade with sudo do-release-upgrade - d

Now I wonder if this has caused some disadvantages. Am I maybe relying on a different set of packages?

That should be ok - just don’t run it again … otherwise you will be ‘grooving’

I promise to behave better in the future … :slight_smile: But I’m aware that the -d calls a pre-release version and could break something on my system …

Great release guys. I’ve been looking into which distro to dual boot on my MacBook and Mac Mini. At first I took a look at Elementary because I wanted to be Ubuntu based, but elementary is too bare bones and restrictive. Last.thing I need is a distro which wants to restrict.the user like Apple does.

I came across Ubuntu Budgie on my search and checked it out on Linux Scoop on YT. Blown away by how good it looks and how powerful and customisable it is. So many user options - it empowers the user, doesn’t restrict them - and looks good while doing it.

Installation was a breeze and looking forward to using it. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication in making this awesome OS for everyone. :pray:

3 Likes