Ubuntu Budgie 19.10 released!

The @UbuntuBudgie team are pleased to announce our 19.10 #ubuntu based desktop - https://ubuntubudgie.org/blog/2019/10/17/19-10-ubuntu-budgie-released

Go grab and spread the news!

1 Like

I have already installed the ubuntu-budgie-desktop and updated from update-manager, but I’m still in the version 19.04

The release notice from Canonical usually takes a few days to arrive. This is because there is a lot of pressure on the download servers - so Canonical likes to stage rollout of the upgrades. Some people get it within a few hours, others take a few days.

Best to be patient.

I’m pacient, and apreciate all you hard work from you and your team the new version Ubuntu Budgie thank you !

3 Likes

Another good release. Hats off to the entire UB team for a job well doneđź‘Ť

3 Likes

Just to add to what @fossfreedom, I got the word that for non LTS releases, they hold the updates for 1 week (LTS is longer). (I was digging into this today on the IRC channels).

I’ve downloaded and installed Ubuntu Budgie 19.10 and it’s still working well, congratulations team for the good work.

2 Likes

Did a clean install from 19.04 and loved it from step 1. The installation was faster compared to 19.04. Whenever I clean installed 19.04, the wifi used to disconnect in between and I had to use a wired connection to update post installation and then I used to get wifi. Now that issue is not there and the installation took lot less time than 19.04.
Also, the desktop UI is more smooth compared to 19.04 and is faster.
Thank you very much team and congratulations for the good work!! wish you all the very best for 20.04 and beyond…

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Cannot install the 19.10 weather applet

Never been a fan of the upgrade process, having always chosen a clean install. Imagine my surprise that three machines all upgraded perfectly – including my desktop with a LAMP install.

1 Like

In the release notes it is mentioned that the ability to launch applications from the menu requiring elevated privileges was added. But doesn’t tells how. Where can I find that information?

What that is referring to is apps that use “pkexec” to launch their applications - previously those apps would silently fail. Now, the sudo password box appears and if you enter the password it the runs the app correctly.

1 Like