Any way to install Ubuntu cursors or others?

Hi,
I want to install new cursors on my recently installed distro, but I’m having some trouble.

I came from Ubuntu background, and I got used to cursors found there or similar.

The theme is great, but DMZ is very simple, and I think I need to install at least Ubuntu official cursors to improve UX.

Does anyone knows how to do that?

I thought the DMZ cursors were the same as Ubuntu GNOME?

Anyway - installing cursors is the same as in GNOME Shell. Either via the existing packages in the repo - or via sites such as GNOME Look

elementary/gnome/budgie instructions are identical How to change the mouse cursor theme? - elementary OS Stack Exchange

Example repo cursor package names (sudo apt install packagename)

big-cursor
breeze-cursor-theme
chameleon-cursor-theme
comixcursors-lefthanded
comixcursors-lefthanded-opaque
comixcursors-righthanded
comixcursors-righthanded-opaque
crystalcursors
moblin-cursor-theme
oxygen-cursor-theme
oxygen-cursor-theme-extra

Once installed - logout and login and choose the cursor theme in budgie-desktop-settings

1 Like

Ohh… I see… Ubuntu Budgie is missing Yaru’s cursors, but I understand. I thought, as they are nearly same thing, some things would be similar.

I’m guessing Yaru cursors are probably part of the yaru theme & icons - so you could try that - install one of yaru-theme-icon, yaru-theme-gtk or maybe yaru-theme-gnome-shell and see if the cursor theme is part of one of those packages.

1 Like