Budgie Weather Applets Contain No State Information

Ah, I can confirm that. I once requested owm the complete file, since the web interface has more cities. They replied I was using the complete filw theyvprivided though. Obviously there are more.

I simply added the line

3177480 Dragoni, It

to /usr/lib/budgie-desktop/plugins/budgie-weathershow/cities . Seems to work :). I will push it, so in future, at least your city will be included :slight_smile:

1 Like

you’re great, simply great!

1 Like

For everyone who’s interested in, I’ve downloaded the whole list (codes vs places) from http://bulk.openweathermap.org/sample/ (city.list.json.gz).

Is a json file and it’s huge, but playing on it with grep, sed and sort, I’ve been able to extract in few minutes every italian city (italian codes start with 25, it seems).
I’ve added a small amount of cities to
/usr/lib/budgie-desktop/plugins/budgie-weathershow/cities, so checking for avoiding double entries has been easy (no will to write a script for checking every new record and possibly adding it :blush:).

BTW the remixed file - every row now reports <code City, IT> - is 9877 lines long (from cat … | wc -l ) while according to wikipedia, italian municipalities are 7914, so 1963 aliens are among us! :rofl:

Sil

I am afraid the missing cities are not in that file, or owm must have changed it. Try Dragoni. I pretty much checked all available files on the site a while ago. The current one used by Budgie weather was the most extensive one back then. The state info is from a script, looking up state info from x / y. (from an online API)

No problem, it’s perfect as is, believe me! Sometimes I get fun (:rofl:) in deep customizing my distro so, when I find out something that can be interesting for someone, I tell it everybody!

Silvia