Budgie Weather is missing?

Hi there, fresh install, never really used Budgie before (coming from Mint). One of the things I really like about Mint was that there was an applet that put the weather down in the SysTray. On the Budgie Welcome screen, under applets, there is one called Weather Applet (NOT Weather and Forecast, I don’t want the one that puts it on the desktop). I installed it, but it doesn’t appear as an option in Budgie Desktop Settings to add it to the panel. Am I doing something wrong?

https://i.imgur.com/rFnAVSV.png

There is a bit of advice at the top of that page you may have missed - you need to logout and login after installing an applet.

Then in budgie-settings you can select the panel and click the + button to add an applet to your panel.

As an aside, we are working on a revised solution for Weather & Forecast where there are options to display on the panel, on the desktop or even both.

At that point we’ll be withdrawing the old weather applet because the new applet has the same capability … and much more.

2 Likes

You’re right, missed that. Glad it was easy. Wish it had click-to-view for forecast, but this will do for now. Thanks.