Grub Dependency Issues Ubuntu Budgie 22.04.1 LTS

Hello Buddies of Budgie

I am constantly receiving the message “unable to install or remove packages” from the software repository when performing software updates on GUI. On investigation I have received an output similar to what is listed here: GRUB Error?. This occurred after the last kernal update but everything ran smoothly and continues to do so.

As a result I decided to delete Grub and reinstalled it. The previous dependency errors have gone however some packages have been held back. I understand these packages will be updated in due course. I am now receiving the message: “System programme problem detected”. I have reported the problem. I don’t know what the problem is but my system appears unaffected.

My understanding is that dependency errors occur regularly. My question is: “Is it necessary to delete grub where there are dependency issues and re-install or are these issues automatically resolved on future system updates?”. Is it safe to ignore dependency errors moving forward?

Another issue is that when these error messages occur there is no detail button provided on the pop-up as to where the problem lies. Perhaps this feature could be added on future releases…

I look forward to hearing from you.

The dependency issues are rare. You should report these types of issues via launchpad … so in the future if this occurs again

Run

ubuntu-bug grub2

Clean out the crash folder so that any errors are immediately removed

sudo rm /var/crash/*
1 Like

Will do & many thanks for the quick response friend.