Hide Desktop Icons in 19.04

Just installed 19.04 and it looks very sharp. I’m looking for a way to hide desktop icons, as was previously available in desktop settings. I might simply be missing it.

Thanks for any help!

Use the following:

gsettings set org.nemo.desktop show-desktop-icons false

logout and login

2 Likes

Thank you, that did it!

I’m not sure if this is the appropriate place for a feature request, but I really liked the ability to do that on a graphical interface, as I’m not as quick in the terminal. Thanks for listening, and for the solution via terminal!

Its something I am considering for the 20.04 LTS dev cycle. It all depends whether we stick with nemo-desktop for the desktop icons solution or another solution such as desktopfolder.

@fossfreedom @openfield I already have an applet for toggling desktop icons for nautilus for personal use. Just need to change a few chars for nemo. Post it?

Sure. Think people will love that.

Obviously here I am talking about a patch the budgie-desktop-settings to re-enable the previous desktop tab but for Nemo etc.

Ah, ok. WIll post this one:
afbeelding
in a sec.

@openfield might come in handy: an applet to toggle desktop icons. See the readme for setup: https://github.com/UbuntuBudgie/experimental/tree/master/unreleased_ready_to_use/toggledesktopicons

Tried it … really cool :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: Vinegar and sugar