How to change time from 24 to 12-hour format on desktop

I’ve successfully changed the time format for the clock in the top panel, but the larger 24-hour clock on the desktop won’t change. I’ve searched here and found this video but I do NOT have a Bottom Panel displayed…only a Top Panel. I just installed Ubuntu Budgie a few hours ago and haven’t changed any settings. Thanks for any help.

The desktop clock is an applet. Go to Budgie desktop settings → Panel → Applets → Showtime.

Thanks. But in Budgie Desktop Settings there is no “Panel”. There is a “Top Panel” but that doesn’t contain “Showtime”. I’ve looked in every page of the Budgie Desktop Settings and don’t find Showtime. This is 21.10 and was just installed today.

Please add a screenshot of “Top Panel” selected so that we can see what you are seeing.

Thx.

I’ll have to do this tomorrow when in the office, but it shouldn’t be necessary. The Top Panel is the macOS style menu bar across the top of the desktop. And all the settings for it in Budgie Desktop Settings correspond with the icons on it.

And all the settings for it in Budgie Desktop Settings correspond with the icons on it Not necessarily. Yes, if it is one and the same applet, but Showtime is a different applet (without an icon) than the clock applet, which sets the key /org/gnome/desktop/interface/clock-format.
Possibly, Showtime will follow the same key’s settings in future, currently it can be set independantly.

This is the setting you are looking for btw:

Thanks…I found it. But in my Budgie Desktop Settings it is not listed as “Panel”. Instead, it says “Top Panel” so initially I didn’t look there. The only thing listed on the left side under “Panels” is “Top Panel”.

Anyway, Showtime is listed there and the problem is solved. Thanks for all the help!