Indicator-sysmonitor applet

Hello,
I have a question. I was wondering if there is a way to fix the indicator-sysmonitor applet to launch the Mate-System-Monitor, I know the applet used to launch the gnome system monitor but since it was replaced by the Mate version this launcher no longer works. I attempted to find a config file that may tell it what to launch but was not able to so I am not sure if this in controlled by something else. I took a screenshot of what I am referring to below.

Snapshot_2023-01-24_17-38-26

Its hard-coded indicator-sysmonitor/budgiesysmonitor.py at ad815375e11f0f982fb50b2eaf1543cd321853c9 · fossfreedom/indicator-sysmonitor · GitHub

Simple python fix - would be to test if mate-system-monitor is installed then launch that otherwise launch gnome system monitor

Will do that when I find some time … or any help to-do would be most welcome!

Thank you for the reply. I will see what I can find. :slight_smile:

Ok so I did a search for the budgiesysmonitor.py and did a edit to the below line. Switched gnome-system-monitor to mate-system-monitor then rebooted and now the menu item opens mate-system monitor. Thank you again for your help. :slight_smile:

def on_full_sysmon_activated(self, event=None):
        os.system('gnome-system-monitor &')

Snapshot_2023-01-25_11-36-37

@fossfreedom I pushed a commit request with this fix. I hope I did it right. :slight_smile: