Let's choose new icon theme for Ubuntu Budgie

Actually, scratch that… “default-folder” looks horrible when using alt+tab when not running windows previews. I switched to “folder” instead.

“default-folder”:
default-folder
vs “folder”:
folder

Thx. Makes sense. We are chatting with the icon designer to see if it’s possible todo something here. But folder seems to be a good fallback.

We’ve worked with Vince to update the icon and to make it more in sync with other icons. I’ll see how we can solve alt-tab problem.

dock1

2 Likes

Im currently using papirus, it looks modern, simple and user friendly, also it has the biggest icon set of all, but if that wasnt an option I would go to Tela, probably tela round.

There seems to be a fairly large papirus community here (myself included). While it is not an option to have it as default (explained earlier in thread), can we at least have it included in the default icon sets that can be chosen from the budgie desktop settings app.

No. Adding big packages such as icon sets is verging on bloat.

Papirus icons can easily be installed by itself or as part of the makeover for ant and plata via menu -themes and layouts

…my old eyes can’t see any explanation, what is the reason for not using it ?

I’m guessing this:

Also, Papirus seems to be insanely popular across all distros. It always seems to be in the top two or three of “Best Icon Themes” web searches (and for good reason, it’s an amazing set). So I personally like the idea of the default being something more unique to UB. But I am neither a developer nor a designer, so my opinion might not even be worth the $0.02.

Well your opinion makes sense and is worth let’s say 0,02€ :wink:

2 Likes

I like the tela circle icon theme because that icon pack is so look elegant and minimalist

I would have recommended Tela, but the panel icons of Qogir are too awesome to be ignored.
Tela-icons for panels are very smooth. :confused: