My camera not working

Hey there,

I have to make a Zoom meeting with face to face but i found out my camera is not working.
Is camera disabled? What should i do?

@fossfreedom can you help me about this, please? i don’t know what should i do

btw I’m using Budgie on my laptop

Can be a thousand reasons. What type of laptop? Does cheese show correctly?
Some types of laptops have a tiny hardware on/of switch (like my hp).

1 Like

i don’t know really… before using Budgie on laptop i was using Windows 10 and camera was working well
By the way checked the Cheese and it’s says “no device found”

Is it a HP laptop? What ubuntu (Budgie) version?

lates version of ubuntu and it’s a Casper laptop

what is the output of running the following in the terminal?

lsusb

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:8000 Intel Corp.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8008 Intel Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 13d3:3394 IMC Networks Bluetooth
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 093a:2510 Pixart Imaging, Inc. Optical Mouse
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

As far as I can see the linux kernel does not recognise your camera - it isn’t listed as a USB device.

As Jacob mentioned - you have either turned off the camera or you are unlucky, your brand of laptop contains a camera device that isn’t supported by the linux kernel used on ubuntu 22.10

Do check if you have a hardware switch on your laptop - or possibly a keyboard switch such as a Fn key combination to turn the camera on/off. The hardware switch could just be a slide switch over the camera lens or a physical switch on the side of your laptop.

Thank you for help, guys.

I checked out my computer and realize that my camera device is not supported by linux.
Anyway, i was need an camera for computer. I did some researches and found out new way.
If you want you can turn your phone into webcame for your laptop with an app. It helped mine Zoom meeting.

Hi

Can i ask what app did you use and how did you connect your computer to your computer to your phone app?