Nemo settings and nemo terminal (19.10/20.04)

Hi all,

about nemo: rummaging in dconf-editor/nemo I’ve discovered that enabling “start-with-menu-bar” switch I can - finally - see menu bar and preferences/extensions (maybe someone is interested in).

But (here a couple of questions): why isn’t it enabled by default in Budgie 20.04 (and, I suppose, in 19.10)? And more: I’ve tried to install nemo-terminal (as I did with nautilus in 18.04, since I’m pretty comfortable with it) but there’s no way to install it (let’s say) “natively” and also via github/linuxmint/nemo-extensions is possible (it fails with a signature error). So I’ve added mint (tina) repos, reinstalled nemo and installed nemo-terminal (it exists in tina repos) but when I relaunch nemo (nemo -q) and go in menu (see above) - extensions, I don’t see it.

Can someone explain me how to install nemo-terminal in 20.04/19.10? I know that is early for saying something about 20.04 but I’m starting customizing because I’d want to be prepared (once scout, always scout! :smile: ) for next April 2020!

Thanks,
Sil

Pressing the ALT key reveals the menu. In the vast majority of cases the menu is just taking space - you never use it. Plus, the menu clashes with the GNOME consistency of most apps shipped where there are no menus visible/CSD based apps.

As to nemo-terminal - sorry can’t help - never used it - I am a tilix user!

same here :smile: but having a terminal embedded in file manager sometimes fastens a lot my job, that’s why I was asking.

Sil

I just remember ALT+Q … just for those instances when you need an instant terminal