Nemo's new "Pin" feature

The new feature in Nemo which allows you to “Pin” files or directories is great!

You have anticipated my needs before I even asked for this :slight_smile:. I used to have to give all my most frequently used files names starting with ‘0’, which didn’t look very good.

1 Like

Will it be available in 20.04 LTS ?

This starred/favorites thing + enable tracker in Nemo would be great addition to finally have a decent access to frequent / recent / pinned files, folders and places.

A request should be made via Debian so that the Cinnamon maintainers can consider.

No - the changes are quite invasive involving translations and lots of other source components. This is way beyond acceptability for a “critical & stability” LTS update

Maybe if we can find one or two volunteer software packagers who like to backport software we could actually make new software updates like these via the Backports repository.

How may I do that ? not used to debian nor cinnamon. I plan to install ( beside ) latest mint though : newer nemo version looks fine, web-app-manager is nice too ( alike peppermint’s ICE, both work as expected in Budgie ).

What does it imply, skills side ?

Debian bug reporting is described here

Debian -- Debian BTS - reporting bugs!

For packaging you will need to understand about software sources, how to compile, test load packages to your own launchpad ppa etc