Panel for 2nd Monitor

Can we still not create additional panels for secondary monitors? I’m guessing we have to wait for Budgie to add this feature?

2 Likes

correct. No enhancements in this area from upstream.

1 Like

I sincerely hope that they will believe it very soon and that they also include autoplank by default in the system because they are two things that seem essential to me, otherwise I cannot work at ease always having to go to the first screen when I am on the second just to open an app, nor having to turn my head so much for something as simple as checking the time among other things …
I know it sounds exaggerated, but it’s real xD

1 Like

I second your statement, still an issue two years later…
and it does not seem neither complicate to solve nor a marginal one, as it unnecessarily complicates workload, as having multiple monitors is usual nowadays.
As a quick workaround I installed tint2 and configure it to show only on secondary display, but the option shall be integrated within the Budgie desktop itself, it’s a pity it has been overlooked so far.

Its WIP - if you or anyone else are interested in iterating on this, the latest multipanel code here can be used to start developing from