Pixel Saver Applet not hiding Window Bars

I swear I tried but it wasn’t in the list even after the reboot. I’ve now removed and installed again and this time it shows up in the panel applet list. thank you

What’s the state of this?

I tried the applet from github but it seems outdated and the package from ubuntubudgie-backports (v 4.0+git20200313) does not seem to work either. At least it doesn’t appear in the applet list to be added.

This is my main concern with budgie right now. I’d really like my top bar to mimic the Unite extension in Gnome. I don’t care so much about the global menu but top panel + top bar is one too many on a laptop screen especially.

Do remember to logout and login after installing the package otherwise it will not appear on the list of applets to be added.

…and then add applet to a panel by using « Ubuntu Budgie Desktop Settings ».

( a bit strange to have to logout / login each time a new applet is installed. Can it be automatically reset ? )

Sorry, I guess both versions were interfering. I removed every budgie-pixel-saver related files and folders, apt removed the package, and apt reinstalled it.

It works, but 2 complaints:

• on dual monitor setup, the top bar on the screen with no top panel is also going into the top panel on the other screen, which is weird and it is hard to unmaximize on secondary screen
  • the controls seem to come as expected on the top panel, but the top bar seem to hide behind the top panel instead of disappearing, the problem with that is you can’t grab the top panel and drag and drop from there to unmaximize. With firefox it becomes complicated to unmaximize in between icons of the menubar or the tabbar (full)

Someone will need to investigate that via the budgie desktop code

Ah. I look at this as opportunities for people with multi monitor setups to resolve!