Raspberry Pi 4B 8Gb + ArgoneOne m.2 wrong update?

Hello everyone. I own a Raspberry Pi 4V 8Gb + ArgoneOne M.2 case.
I downloaded the distro from budgie-remix - Browse /budgie-raspi at SourceForge.net and installed it on an SSD via Imager.
The monitor is connected via HDMI, not micro HDMI. After the first power up, I connect to Wifi, do apt-get update and upgrade. I reboot and the image on the monitor is still there. After a while, a window appears that asks to update the Budgie core, after which when you turn on the raspberry, the image disappears. With Ctrl Alt 2 I get to the tty. I tried to remove garbage, do an upgrade. But I could not correct it. HDMI in 1 slot (0 index). Errors when turning on after receiving 5.11.1016 (I remembered this number, because after updating to it, I get a signal loss.)
“vc4_hdmi fef05700.hdmi: ASoC: error at snd_soc_dai_startup on fef05700.hdmi: -19”

By removing pulse, I managed to get rid of these errors (I thought that the problem was just in the sound), but it did not help. The errors disappeared, but the image did not return to the monitor.

I will be glad to your advice. This is my first linux device. And the experience is sad enough.
Installed 3 times, 3 different Ubuntu distributions:
from the ubuntu website
from your site
from the raspberry forum website.

If you are really interested in helping (nobody canceled the enthusiasm), then I can promptly respond in a telegram)

Does this help?

It would be too easy. I experimented a lot with config.txt
Nothing helps, especially since there is an image after the initial installation, which means that the matter is not in the config.

Hello,

If you are experiencing issues and the device is new, no important data on it, I recommend a fresh install. After install, in the Budgie ARM TweakTook, make sure you change graphics to KMS mode. Then do a full shutdown and test.

If you still have the issue and want to give it a try, you can run 21.10. budgie-remix - Browse /budgie-raspi-21.10 at SourceForge.net

If nothing above helps, it would also be nice to, just for sake of simplicity, remove case, adapters, and accessories, and try a good old install on raspberry PI on microSD.

Sorry for the late reply.
In general, I constantly did the switching of graphics in KMS after installation, and this was a mistake.
It works for me only with FKMS.
Whether it is possible to work in KMS somehow I don’t know yet.

Do you have a TV with a hdmi connection or something similar.

Let’s try that … it might be specific to the monitor you are using.

In general, now I turned on KMS and miracle, the monitor did not die.
Now I saw the native resolution of the monitor (21: 9, 3440x1440), but as soon as I turned it on, the image disappeared again (after 20 seconds, the system canceled it)
Updates arrived and I was updated. After rebooting, I got a black screen again.

There are no TVs, two monitors, both give the same result.

Similar issue. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-raspi/+bug/1944397

So Canonical are aware - its a kernel issue.

In that bug report is mentions two potential workarounds - one to use fkms (you can set that via the budgie arm tweak tool). The other workaround is to install the 5.15 arm kernel.

1 Like

I tried installing 21.10, (via Pi Imager) but Raspberry would not boot. Therefore, I put 21.04 again, and immediately turned on the receipt of early versions. After that, I turned on KMS and started praying.
Now it works as it should)
But in terms of performance, of course, I’m a little disappointed. 3440x 1440 is very weak even in the interface.

Thanks to all! The topic can be closed.