Saving to a network drive

Hi Everyone,

Relatively new Budgie user here. Really like it–thanks for all your work.

This may not be a Budgie specific issue because we upgraded from 20.04 to 22.04 at the same time we installed Budgie, but we’ve noticed that Chrome (at least) can no longer save a download to a samba drive. Only local saves work. The network save appears to be successful, but nothing is actually saved there.

We got around the issue by setting up a SyncThing share on the server (which works fine) but just curious if this is a bug anyone else has noticed or if it’s specific to us. (Or maybe it’s an Ubuntu 22.04 issue and we should report it there?)

Thanks very much,

Sam

I’ve found this post on AskUbuntu.

Maybe it’s a solution.
I’ve checked on my system with sudo apt list --installed | grep xdg and I have the xdg-desktop-portal-gtk and xdg-desktop-portal packages installed and never had a problem accessing or transferring files from my NAS. Maybe check if those packages are missing on your system.

1 Like

@TocNoc Thank you very much!

Ok I checked my system and I also (already) have both those packages installed, so I’ll keep looking for a solution to this. I’m assuming now that it’s a 22.04 issue, not Budgie-specific.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction @TocNoc