Testing 20.04 - only for the most adventurous

Oh okay :stuck_out_tongue: Also you received some responses, you can checkā€¦

hello! fresh install of 20.04 today (Dec 19th) and Tilix wonā€™t start. Reinstalled 19.10 - I didnā€™t realize how much I use Tilix/terminal :slight_smile:

yes itā€™s the bug. You can install gnome-terminal or lxterminal or xfce-terminal in the meantime

I tried! I couldnā€™t unlock the gnome software centre - aw well. 19.10 looks good on this new-to-me HP Elitebook.

You canā€™t? No idea why, strange, that needs to be fixed. can you provide more info on the problem?

Well, only my experience. I didnā€™t save any information/output. I tried multiple times to launch tilix, with no success. I then thought the same as you, try one of the other terminals through the gnome software, but the software centre wouldnā€™t load: I imagined it was the same reason tilix was being blocked. I suppose (after the fact) there might have been a way to get a flatpak or something else? Iā€™ll try again soon.

Strange. No I donā€™t think itā€™s the same :stuck_out_tongue:
You can use the TTY (ctrl alt f2, run sudo apt install terminal name, like sudo apt install gnome-terminal) to install anyways.
Not sure about the Software Centre bug though.

okay. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever used TTY. Iā€™m not sure the tilix/gnome software issues were related, but they did occur at the same time. Iā€™ll try it!

yes thanks.

Not sure about Software Centre as I said, but about Tilix, that is an upstream bug.

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=946629

okay! the gnome software eventually opened up after reinstall 20.04, and Iā€™ve installed gnome terminal successfully :slight_smile:

$ tty
gave me: /dev/pts/0

is this a success? I installed vlc from the terminal

Youā€™re not supposed to run tty from the terminal, lol

TTY is basically a hidden Terminal. Run Ctrl Alt F2 and you can install stuff there.

The f2 key on my keyboard turns out to be the wifi dead switch. It took me forever to figure that out, lol! Can I use one of the other function keys instead? Iā€™m using a Dell C2D

Although ctrl alt fn f2 (what i use because of a similar situation) works, you can do anything between f2 and f12.
f1 opens TTY1 though, and is not recommended - stores critical logging data, lol

ctrl alt f7 just opens the GUI again - useless if you want to switch to a TTY.

Control/Alt/Function key AND f2 ā€“ oh well, now I know! Iā€™ll check it out again.

Gimp (2.10.14-2build1) segfault on Focal, both from native Focal iso and customized one. Itā€™s a known gimp bug, it seems.

Merry Xmas,
Sil

Is there a launchpad bug report you can link to please?

Sorry for being late ā€¦ Xmas time and pc strictly turned off!
Is here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gimp/+bug/1857233

Sil

Ok thx. Fix for this was released yesterday

Is it too late to address budgie menu launcher icon color in light panels? Is there a way to have a color change if using a light colored panel ?

Have you got a picture showing the issue please?