Testing 21.04 - are you brave enough?

All

the tiny package sane-airscan is now included with the ISO build/default

This should/will allow easier connection from Simple Scan to your network (and some USB) scanner.

Taken together with the printer-driver-gutenprint package, do try connecting your printers and scanners without trying third-party drivers / other custom scripts.

Just ran a quick install from the QA testing tracker site - ubuntu-budgie/daily-live/20210315.1/hirsute-desktop-amd64 - after install and reboot - the greeter has Ubuntu desktop as default - if the user selects Budgie desktop login and reboot the default is then Budgie desktop.

Test results here and link to bug report here.

Thx - bug report already updated

1 Like

That was quick!! Thanks

I still have to wait some minutes to let the login be activated and possible to input letters. The login screen is visible, but with no active cursor. After a while it says timeout and a new login is possible when clicking the mouse.

I haven’t seen this - ever :frowning:

Is this a fresh install of 21.04 on hardware or an upgrade from previous releases?

It is an fresh install, but I have used it a while now. All works fine except for the annoying login that I have to wait for.

Worth a clean install (tonights ISO - not yesterday) ?

Think I drop a new install. I have setup Plex and other stuff that I do not want to reinstall. I plan to make the computer awake 24h when I get my new CPU fan, so then I do not need the login maybe.

Might be worth on your current install to test autologin via the Login Window

Thanks, will test that

Tried the autologin. Did not change anything. Still the same inactive login window after auto sleep.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Can we use Yaru cursors out of the box?

Any idea if interactive notifications are on the way?
Coming from Gnome, every time I’m getting an email, I click on the OSD notification hoping to get Thunderbird into focus but nothing happens and I have to remind myself that it is not implemented in Budgie.

My understanding is they not planned until Budgie 11. I looked into this a while back and was able to come up with something that was… utter garbage really. While it is possible, for it to be practical it involved modifying much more of the Raven notifications source than I was comfortable doing, so I kinda moved on from it. Doubtless that @fossfreedom knows more on this, but that’s what I have heard at least.

@fossfreedom I might have found an issue in 21.04. I installed cockpit-machines to try it out a bit and see progress there compared to virt-manager. Cockpit seems to be working fine, but cockpit-machines does not display any info about my VM storage, networks, existing VMs, that are otherwise available with virt-manager and virsh.
So I fired up my UB 20.10, did the same, and cockpit-machines works fine there, I can see my storage, VMs, networks etc as I previously configured via virt-manager.

I did not have time to troubleshoot yet, but I suspect either an issue with apparmor or permissions.
Do you think this is an issue worth to explore and eventually report? If so, can you point me to the right bug tracker for this type of issue? I had a look at launchpad but could not find anything related.

Suggest raise here … the maintainers hopefully can help diagnose

1 Like

Perhaps a really cool tiny feature to include in the Celluloid video player is this little plugin:

Surely it will draw attention to Budgie.

Thx - we are in feature freeze at the moment so we’ll consider this for 21.10

Budgie Arm & Pi - this tiny app will appear in your menu which ties our Raspberry Pi efforts with the main distro - more information here Release notes - Ubuntu Budgie 21.04 on a Raspberry Pi 4 | Ubuntu Budgie