Testing 21.04 - are you brave enough?

I am not sure.

Just goes to downloading folder and right click and press extract folder here.

um ok - that sounds like nemo-fileroller.

Suggest run GNOME file-roller (file-roller via command line) via the menu and open the zip file - click the extract button.

Does this work?

Not sure how I run Gnome file roller via command line. I dis a seek for this in the menu and got something called “Arkivbehandler” in my language. This means archive handler. Tried it, and opened the dowloaded zip. This gives also cryptic letters in files 4 and 5.

Yeah - archive handler is file-roller.

Not really sure then - sounds like something wrong with your zip file and the character encoding for the file-names.

Strange. If i download the same folder from Teams with my windows laptop, all file names have correct language settings.

right - windows encoding and linux encoding could be different here

Something I can do about it?
I sends them out to customers and need to correct all the names manually now. Not a biggie, but takes time.

That I’m afraid I don’t know :frowning:

Found that the ARK file archiver opens the files with correct names. So it has to do with the Gnome archive handler I think.

Well investigated.

So initially I would ubuntu-bug file-roller - add your investigation task to prove that it isnt operating system specific.

Next I would raise a separate issue on GitHub - linuxmint/nemo-extensions: A set of extensions for Nemo - again point out your investigations with Ark

But at least you have a workaround for now.

1 Like

All - the package Mutter has now been updated and released - hopefully this now fixes the window focus issues that you will have encountered in the last couple of weeks

All seems normal here after update and reboot. Probably could have just logged out and back in.

1 Like

gnome-remote-desktop is now the default which replaces vino. Do lookout for the ability to share your media folders, remote login (SSH) as well as screen-sharing (VNC). Menu - Sharing

We now include printer-driver-gutenprint which adds support for thousands of printer drivers including Epson and Canon printers.

Unable to open screenshot when using the lightpad applet. Can someone try this and let me know the result please ?

Suggest restart the panel with the applet in a terminal.

budgie-panel --replace &

Then run screenshot from the applet - are there any messages reported in the terminal?

I was referring to opening the screen shot application from the lightpad menu. I don’t have the screenshot applet installed.

Sure. What I am hoping to see is some sort of error thrown by lightpad when attempting to run screenshot

Everyone … I know many of you help out not only Ubuntu Budgie but also other flavours.

If you want to Canonical & Ubuntu to highlight your contributions to all things Ubuntu do fill in this Ubuntu Google form

You might also want to nominate people as well just in case they are a little shy!

There is no response at all starting the application from lightpad and it works fine from the appmenu and budgie menu. I get the following error from the terminal though the app did generate a screen shot.

david@n68sa-m2s:~$ gnome-screenshot 
** Message: 14:13:59.054: Unable to use GNOME Shell's builtin screenshot interface, resorting to fallback X11.