Window Rule always centers on the screen

I added a window rule, but the window is always positioned at the centre of the screen !

XPosition=1
XPosition=1
Cols=2
Rows=2
XSpan=1
YSpan=1
Monitor=eDP-1

Let’s check a few things:

• What is the name of the file (in other words: what wm-class is it for)?
  • Did you create the file in ~/.config/budgie-extras/shuffler/windowrules?
  • Did you enable rules (run gsettings set org.ubuntubudgie.windowshuffler windowrules true)?

I saved it as gnome-terminal.windowrule
the configuration is as mentioned above.

[vrag@fedora ~]$ dconf read /org/ubuntubudgie/windowshuffler/windowrules
true

the rule is also enabled

From here Windows Rules (Shuffler) doesn't seem to work - #6 by vlijm

The filename extension is windowrule not widowrule

sorry for the typo in the comment.
the file in my location is saved correctly

I mentioned XPosition instead of YPosition :sweat_smile:

It’s working fine after i change it.

XPosition=1
XPosition=1
Cols=2
Rows=2
XSpan=1
YSpan=1
Monitor=eDP-1

And one more thing to mention. (A feature request)
It would be better to have an option to stack the second terminal next to the first terminal.
Since this effect is applied not like layout option, it is applied always on regular use (not for the predetermined collections of windows), it would be better to stack the windows when the window rule is used on the same window (or can be given as an option to enable stacking horizontally/vertically in window rule).

Although strictly, this would be a window rule thing, this feature might suit better as an option to the “(re-) arrange all” -option, limiting it to one wm-class. This is about automatically arranging multiple windows of one application on launch. Squeezing that into an already pretty crowded layouts & rules set of option might create a jungle-feeling.
For the same reason, there are limitations to what options can be offered without shooting oneself in the foot with too many options. New options will only applied if we can keep it kind of simple, which is the reason for a new Shuffler GUI.