Automatic upgrade from Ubuntu Budgie 18.04.5 to 20.04.1 still not announced yet through "Update Manager"

Hello, I want to upgrade to 20.04 from 18.04.5, but the Update Manager doesn’t tell me, that there is a new LTS release available (on two of my machines).
In the settings of the Update Manager I have enabled the setting “Tell me, when there is a new Release (LTS)”
How can I start the upgrade process manully? This document tells me, that I shouldn’t use “do-release-upgrade”

IMPORTANT We do not recommend running do-release-upgrade from a Tilix terminal since this will hang during the upgrade. If you want to use do-release-upgrade switch to a TTY and login before running the command.

Canonical have not enabled the updates from 18.04.5 to 20.04.1 because there are still issues they are dealing with

1 Like

Note - there is one package still outstanding - its a critical one - grub!

1 Like

I did some updates today and now it shows the upgrade button in software updater for Ubuntu Upgrade. Screenshot from 2020-09-30 15:52:30

1 Like

Upgraded Ubuntu Budgie by using update manager, everything worked fine. It took 2 hours to complete the entire process.
All the applications are working fine after upgrade, I think they are even working better after upgrade. I like the new themes.

1 Like

Upgraded today 18.04 -> 20.04.1 (running Budgie Desktop on standard Ubuntu).
Used:
sudo do-release-upgrade -f DistUpgradeViewGtk3
A completely smooth experience - running fast and very well afterwards.
Couple of comments:
Upgrade stopped when it asked me a few questions - whether to replace some config files - having no idea I said replace & discard old in all cases - seems the right action.
Afterwards when using a bluetooth speaker - sound only came from the internal speaker even though the external speaker was selected in settings [SOLUTION https://askubuntu.com/questions/1250225/why-do-the-sound-settings-ignore-the-output-device worked for me]

I’m very pleased with the ease of upgrade! Budgie looks even better (if that’s possible).
(Dell Inspiron 11z, 4GB)

I did not use the command in tilix, I have read already that it is not recommended. I did upgrade by the update manager by clicking on upgrade but I am also very happy with upgrade.