Folder Color hasn't the right icon

Hi,

The distro is preinstalling Folder Color by default, but the icon changed is not the right. This is because the icon theme (pocillo) is not including the colors.
Could be possible to ask for this? (How to do it)

Thanks in advance!

More than happy to receive a pull request to resolve

Hi!

I’m not a designer, but I could try to customize the current folder icons in another color with Inkscape :sweat_smile:

A critical question is: How could be possible to upload those icons? I suppose it has to be an official package in Debian? Maybe is there another fast and simple way? (they would be just a *.svg files).

Thanks in advance!

Ok. If we just drop the recoloured icons into the right subfolders in the github repo I will do the packaging and upload to Ubuntu.

Hi,

ping to @fossfreedom :slight_smile:

I uploaded the files. Just:

• Copy them to /usr/share/icons/Pocillo
  • sudo update-icon-caches /usr/share/icons/Pocillo

Pull request is here.

Screenshot%20from%202018-10-03%2019%3A40%3A22

Best regards!

merged and uploaded. Thanks for your contribution. Much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are probably going to switch to Nemo for 19.04.

Any chance that FolderColor be updated to work with Nemo as well as Nautilus?

At the moment there is a hard dependency for nautilus in the debian package so we would need to uninstall FolderColor if we make the switch … and unfortunately lose all your good work :frowning:

1 Like

@fossfreedom - it’s Xmas - take a day off. :slight_smile:

Ok boss … :slight_smile:

Hi, folder-color works in Nemo too, but with another package (there is one package for Nautilus, another for Caja and another for Nemo). One issue: This package there is not in the Ubuntu repositories.
You’ll need the nemo-python depedence too (it is in the Ubuntu repository).

I’m using Nemo with Ubuntu Budgie from one year ago and I’m happy with it. Specially because it is opening a new window for copying files. But somethings, like desktop showtime applet is not working with Nemo after reboot.

A hug and happy Xmas mates!

ah - cool - happy xmas to you!

for nemo I note you have to add “Showtime” to the org.nemo.desktop ignored-desktop-handlers

Are you the repository package maintainer? Or could you poke the package maintainer to upload the nemo binary? I obviously would like to include folder-color-nemo in the ISO so it works right out of the box.

I’m not a MOTU, I just ping by email to the maintainer: Bhavani Shankar.
I’ll post here the advance. A hug :slight_smile:

1 Like