Home Store Blog Development

Help out with translations for DesktopFolder

UB is now helping out with translations for the DesktopFolder project. So if you want an easy way to get involved with a great open-source project, how about helping with translations?

I’ll have look on it

I’ve noticed that Italian translation is only 95% done, so if needed I can help.

And … once (when last LTE was Precise) there was also a (poor, to be honest) latin UI; what about translating Budgie in latin too?

Sil

Wonderful if you can look after the italian translation regularly. There will be a few updates over the next few weeks leading up to 19.04 - so would be great to find dedicated people to regularly check.

To be honest - I have no knowledge of anyone wanting budgie in latin - but if you want to maintain that language then that I am sure would be very nice to those latin readers out there.

Thanks, I’ll take a look tomorrow as soon as I’ll be at work (here is 5-and-something pm and I’m here from 8am so I’m about ready to run home as fast as I can).

About latin: there was a translators’ group for Ubuntu but nowadays they’ve left, I fear (no more latin Ubuntu since 12.04); I’ll think about very careffully :wink: because a nice 20 years pack has flow since I studied latin (same thing for ancient greek) at school :grin:

Sil

German is completly translated.Should I take a look on it?

Which languages need translation? every time I look it’s already done, every time XD

Some languages already have very active translators - so as soon as something needs doing, it gets done very fast. Others just a one or two translators so it can take weeks or months for updates to happen :frowning:

It’s a pity, because I’m in the group that has fast translations ^^U. I hope you get them in time :neutral_face: