How to remove password lock when waking screen

Hi,

I’m new to the Budgie desktop and have been enjoying trying it out however one tiny issue is when I suspend or when the system turns the screen off I need to put my password in to get back in. Now this is a lump of a desktop in my bedroom so I’m willing to risk the danger to my privacy in place of ease of use a little. I googled around and going by the concept that budgie is a cousin I guess of gnome I tried
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.screensaver ubuntu-lock-on-suspend false
but no luck. I poked around in all the settings apps but with no luck there either. Any help would be appreciated, thanks :slight_smile:

In your app’ menu, look for launching settings or privacy or lock

Under privacy ( confidentiality ? ) you’ll find « screen locking » options, there sits an on/off button for « automatic screen lock ».

My english words may not be 100% correct but you’d get the idea.

Or from a terminal launch

gnome-control-center lock
1 Like

That is really weird, I tried all those first including typing privacy into the menu and it just brought me to the power option in settings which just sets the time for a blank screen.
However when I ran
gnome-control-center lock

it brought me to a dedicated sub menu in the settings called privacy which had the options required and now when I type privacy into the menu it brings me to that settings page instead of the power one! Thanks :smiley: