HP LaserJet P1007 installation

I am using Ubuntu budgie 18.04.1 on my HP Compaq Presario laptop. From Windows I shifted to Ubuntu first several years ago, and for about two years I am using Ubuntu budgie 18.04.1

HP printer installation is causing a problem. I downloaded HPLIP version 3.19.6 run and asc files latest from HP site but landed in a problem with plugin failed in installation. There was also a problem with downloading firmware.
Help me to uninstall all old versions of HP and do a fresh install.

Hi and welcome.

What firmware are you referring to? You dont need firmware for HPLIP as far as I understand.

Why can’t you use the hplip package in the repositories?

Kindly let me know how to do that.

sudo apt install --reinstall hplip

Sir,

I downloaded HPLIP-3.19.6.run and the asc file corresponding to it.

I downloaded HPLIP-3.19.6-plugin.run and its asc file.

I installed hplip-3.19.6 first. No issues here.

I then run the plugin file. (Binary required)

It is then unable to get the key from keyserver.

Plugin installation fails.

And it also says firmware not found. (…fw.gz file).

Here I am stuck.

Thank you.

for the laserjet p1007 you only need to use the version in the repositories. There is no need to install a later version.

Details are here: https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/models/laserjet/hp_laserjet_p1007

Sir,

Please see the word document for the links I used.

(Attachment Weblinks.docx is missing)

Please copy paste the relevant parts. The forum only accepts very limited attachments.

Copy paste will not work because links are not acceptable.

Please remove your signature from replies.

You havent explained why you need to manually install. As I said your printer is supported out of the box … there is no apparent reason that i can see why trying to manually install is needed.

Why dont you use the repository version?

Printer does not print after sudo apt install --reinstall hplip.

Dont you have to run hp-setup?

That’s what the link I gave you says you have to use due to the proprietary nature of the plugin.

Yes. Using hp-setup it downloaded the firmware also and prints. Tested ok.

Many thanks.