Introducing Qogiri - Upcoming Default Ubuntu Budgie theme

Ah - @GrindamN should have made it clear - we are looking at 19.04!

I know lots and lots of budgie work has been made by the maintainer in the last few weeks - all feedback has been fed back to the maintainer.

@GrindamN - any ideas about the buttons and background image mentioned by @Gabb1995 ?

2 Likes

For clarification I used these options when I ran the script

sudo ./Install --image --color "dark" --dest "/usr/share/themes" --menu "standard" --square

Result:

Specify theme with square titlebuttons ...
Specify theme with nautilus background image ...
==> Generating the gtk.css...
==> Generating the gtk-win.css...
==> Generating the gnome-shell.css...
==> Generating the cinnamon.css...
==> Generating the gtk-light.css...
==> Generating the gtk-win-light.css...
==> Generating the gnome-shell-light.css...
==> Generating the cinnamon-light.css...
==> Generating the gtk-dark.css...
==> Generating the gtk-win-dark.css...
==> Generating the gnome-shell-dark.css...
==> Generating the cinnamon-dark.css...
Installing '/usr/share/themes/Qogir-dark'...

Done.

Hi @Gabb1995. As David said, we are planning to include this theme into 19.04 release. As for the suggestion most of those have been forwarded. For the background of file manager, do you want to have it removed or replaced? Also what seems to be problem with square icons?

Sorry for the late updated, been busy with everyday tasks.

Oh the problem is that I wanted square icons and the background image and didnā€™t get them when I ran the script. Could be a restart issue will see tomorrow.

This theme looks nice. For the game mines is there any way how to make the other cells more darker.

mines

The author of the theme is very helpful - I would suggest raising an issue on his tracker:

1 Like

Do we have a recommended way to try it out (for those who may want to try on 18.04/18.10). I assume drop it in the ~/.themes directory.

Disregard - stupid question - didnā€™t realise there is an installer/docs on the GitHub page.

@fossfreedom will this be the default theme for any of the UB versions? I suggest not, as Pocillo gives UB itā€™s own personality. I would like to see some changes in Pocillo though, so that users from other operating systems feel a little moer at home. Will start a new thread.

We ship Qogiri as a theme available straight from the box. Pocillo remains the default theme.

Any changes and contributions to Pocillo are most welcome via https://github.com/ubuntubudgie/pocillo-gtk-theme

Ah, I see. I thought it was named Qogir or QogirBudgie, not Qogiri

Here: Improvements for Pocillo