Nemo Crashes during drag and drop and some other things

Great! Now installed - will let you know by the end of the weekend how it goes.

@fossfreedom I haven’t had any crashes or problems with files appearing to have been mislaid since using V4.2.3 from the PPA.

@fossfreedom The selection and highlighting of a row still isn’t what I would expect though.
If I hover over a row in paneA it is highlighted slightly, if I then click it, it shows that it is selected by being highlighted strongly and I can now do things to that row. For example if I click and hold, I can drag and drop it.

If I then move the pointer to paneB, I can do the same, and the same happens, but sensibly the row in paneA also stays highlighted strongly - to me this indicates that it will still be selected if the pointer is in that pane.

If I now go back and try to move the row in paneA, although it is still highlighted, I can’t move it after click and hold. It is no longer selected despite being strongly highlighted.

This is inconsistent.

I would prefer it to have stayed selected for that pane, so one row is highlighted in each pane.

If that were thought to be confusing, and it was decided that only one row in total could be highlighted in the Nemo window, then it should have lost its highlighting to show that it is no longer selected since I had switched panes away from it.

ok - please report this upstream https://github.com/linuxmint/nemo

thx

https://github.com/linuxmint/nemo/issues/2276
This fix was posted by “smurfos” on GitHub, it works:

To save you trying to hand edit themes, try this generic over-ride css in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css . If you don’t have this file create a empty one. It should in theory be theme agnostic, but results may vary depending on system theme.

You may want to experiment with a using @theme_base_color rather than @theme_bg_color and with varying the shade modifier between roughly 0.9 and 1.1 .

One first adding it, and / or after any further edits shutdown nemo with the command nemo -q and reopen nemo to test.

.nemo-window .nemo-inactive-pane .view,
.nemo-window .nemo-inactive-pane iconview,
.nemo-window .nemo-inactive-pane .view:selected,
.nemo-window .nemo-inactive-pane iconview:selected  {
    background-color: shade(@theme_bg_color, 1.05);
    color: @theme_fg_color; 
}

Ok … so the issue is themes … and every theme is affected including LMs arc variants?!

That is … weird. That just sounds so wrong. Oh well.

Please file a bug reports on Qogir, Arc and Pocillo so that those projects are made aware.

@fossfreedom Done for the latter two. Qogir is based on arc-theme so I imagine fixing that would fix the other.

Qogir is an independent theme project so fixes in arc will not apply to Qogir

OK, done.01234567890

What? Lol pretty sure that’s not the issue no.