NVIDIA 390 black screen

The fix is the nvidia-prome package which is currently in the proposed repo together with a revised Nvidia 390 driver. I have no idea though if the archive admins will accept it into the main repository for the release of if it will appear some time after the release.

Is the revised Nvidia 390 in repo’s yet or is it pending?

As I said they are in the proposed repo.

I wasn’t sure if that was relating to the prime package or the full drivers. Thanks!

Just had notification that the nvidia-prime package has been released - so in a few hours after the mirrors have picked this up you should be above to update with this and switch back and forth between intel and nvidia drivers.

If you continue to have a black screen this is a new issue that is not solved with this update. In this case please report it to launchpad otherwise the developers will not be aware of your issue.

thanks

1 Like

Works for me :facepunch:

Screenshot%20from%202018-04-24%2011%3A00%3A38

1 Like

Fabulous! Nvidia 396 drivers working well for me now :slight_smile:.

I have a NVIDIA Corporation GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050] card and ubuntu 19.04 installed (18.10 gave the same issue). I tried many proposed solutions, including the one above. Nothing worked.

I finally found a solution for this Nvidia driver issue (on ubuntu 18 and 19). See instructions at the top at https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread…nvidia+drivers, it worked for me!

1 Like

neat! Congrats on finding that and sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like