Pocillo - Big scrollbar on Firefox homepage

That is what I see when I’m at firefox homepage. I don’t know if that is normal, I kinda like the scrollbar and Pocillo theme schemas, but the scrollbar is too huge.

Pocillo will likely be rewritten during 21.10/22.04 timescales.

If you want to suggest a change for 21.04 please do a pull request here GitHub - UbuntuBudgie/pocillo-gtk-theme: GTK+ 3.22 based theme for the Budgie Desktop that has Material Design elements and styled using the Arc colour palette

It wasn’t really necessary, I forgot to restart the session after applying the theme or even restart the app.

I’m still getting used to Budgie DE. It works slightly differently from Gnome, but it’s pretty cool.

Got another (little) issue with the scrollbar. It hides the icon slightly to remove my usb stick. Check the Screenshot. Depending on the theme, it can get worse, this one is the default Pocillo theme.

Well, Pocillo theme is meant for systems with FHD display size - 1920 x 1080 more or less. Though I think 1366 x 768 would handle things little well (Not pretty well sometimes).

In your case, I would suggest to use Pocillo slim instead. But first, what is your monitor’s size?

Actually it is 1920 x 1080.

Does that occurs too with Pocillo Slim?

I’ve done some tweaks in this area - the scrollbar no longer expands on click - so it looks better and also doesnt block the nemo icon as much as previously.

2 Likes

For Linux-based system only.
Does not show any effect within MS Windows ( with 8.1 tested).

about:config

The things are self-explained.
Not so much to text about.
Open any web page as reference in parallel and press [F5] after any alteration.

widget.non-native-theme.scrollbar.size - 12 (default, scrollbar width)
widget.non-native-theme.gtk.scrollbar.thumb-size - 0.75 (default, border around slider)
widget.non-native-theme.gtk.scrollbar.round-thumb - true (default, rounded slider)
widget.non-native-theme.gtk.scrollbar.thumb-cross-size - 40 (default, min. lenght)

Sorry, I have no idea what you are saying.

Widening or narrowing the scrollbars in ubuntuBudgie in general:

min-width: 13px;

Path /usr/share/themes and find your favourite theme.
Example /Pocillo-dark-slim and find the most recent /gtk-3.22 (Focal)
Open editor to edit the gtk.css and look for the section

/**************

• Scrollbars *
    **************/
    … …
    scrollbar slider {
    transition: all 100ms cubic-bezier(0.4, 0, 0.2, 1), margin 0, border-width 0;
    min-width: 13px;
    min-height: 13px;
    border: 1px solid #2d303b;
    border-radius: 0px;
    background-clip: padding-box;
    background-color: rgba(200, 200, 200, 0.7);
    }
    … …

Logoff and login to see the effect.
Web browsers based on Chrome are excluded from this. Alter values via about:config