Shortcut Hide/Show desktop not working anymore

Dear fellows,

after an update (unfortunately, I don’t know when this was installed) I realized, that the keyboard shortcut Super+D is not working anymore.

First, I checked the keyboard shortcuts settings and hit Reset All… without any luck. But then, I checked the command behind that shortcut. It is: /usr/lib/budgie-desktop/plugins/budgie-hcorners/showdesktop - I ran this command in a terminal window and realized the command was gone!

$ /usr/lib/budgie-desktop/plugins/budgie-hcorners/showdesktop
bash: /usr/lib/budgie-desktop/plugins/budgie-hcorners/showdesktop: No such file or directory

I hope this is just a package and/or dependency fail and will be solved by an upcoming update, right? Or maybe there is an solution which addresses my issue, already?

Thanks in advance

/EDIT

I forgot to mention, that I am running Ubuntu Budgie 18.04.1 on my system.

check you have the packages budgie-desktop-environment and budgie-hotcorners-applet installed

Indeed, both packages are installed:

• budgie-desktop-environment (v0.9ubuntu1)
  • budgie-desktop-hotcorners-applet (v0.4.5+201902031217~ubuntu18.04.1)

ah - I know what the issue is … yeah sorry about that - need a package update to budgie-desktop-environment.

Will put this on my to-do list asap

1 Like

I’m looking forward to your idea :+1: Thanks

Raised the issue on our github tracker to track & fix https://github.com/UbuntuBudgie/budgie-extras/issues/139

I don’t fully understand. Is it a bigger story to recover the showdesktop command, which was present some weeks ago? Just curious.

Its no big story. Its just trying to find the time. 18.04.2 and 19.04 upcoming freeze date are just preventing doing the patch, testing and release.

1 Like

This should now be resolved. Just update as usual.

Just updated my system. I can confirm the showdesktop command is back again :+1: and the sun is shining :sunny: Thank you very much :blush:

Hi, I have exactly the same problem.

I’ve got:

budgie-hotcorners-applet (version 0.4.5+202003141339~ubuntu18.04.1)

budgie-desktop-environment (version 0.9.9ubuntu1)

I’m running Ubuntu Budgie (Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS).

Hotkey doesnt work since there’s no “budgie-hcorners” folder in my system:

$ /usr/lib/budgie-desktop/plugins/budgie-hcorners/
bash: /usr/lib/budgie-desktop/plugins/budgie-hcorners/: No such file or directory