Ubuntu Budgie 18.10 Wallpaper contest

We haven’t run a contest since 17.10 … it was such a success we had enough photos for both 17.10 and 18.04 :slight_smile:

10_Wallpaper_Contest

So here it is - lets get the best of the best wallpapers for 18.10 Ubuntu Budgie - and we need you to submit your best photos. Just reply and attach or web-link to your photos.

Rules:

If the wallpaper is NOT your own work we need the link to the original source together with the Authors name
• Each person shall submit no more than TWO pictures - so make them your very best!
• Images shouldn’t be too busy and filled with too many shapes and colors, a similar tone throughout is a good rule of thumb.
• A single point of focus, a single area that draws the eye into the image, can also help you avoid something too cluttered.
• Try your image at different aspect ratios to make sure something important isn’t cropped out on smaller/ larger screens at different resolutions.
• Take a look at the wallpapers guidance on the Ubuntu Wiki regarding the size of images. Our target resolution is 3840 x 2400 (4K).
• No brand names or trademarks of any kind.
• No branding assets like ubuntu-budgie or text in order to permit use by derivative distributions.
• No version numbers as some may prefer to continue to use your theme with an older version of Ubuntu.
• No illustrations some may consider inappropriate, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libellous.
• No sexually explicit or provocative images.
• No images of weapons or violence.
• No alcohol, tobacco, or drug use imagery.
• No designs which promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against groups or individuals; or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• No religious, political, or nationalist imagery.

Break all the rules except the resolution one!

• Use PNG & JPG formats

Licenses

all submissions must adhere to one of the following:

• Submissions must adhere to the Creative Commons ShareAlike 4.0 to be considered for use in ubuntu-budgie
• Submissions must adhere to the Creative Commons With Attribution License v3 or v4 to be considered for use in ubuntu-budgie
• Submissions can use the Creative Commons Zero Waiver (CC0) - the original author if its not you must be specified.

Also, submitting your wallpaper confirms to us you are willing to share your submission with with one of these licenses, have understood the license terms and that it is your work (or correctly attributed). If the license is not as specified above we will assume CC-BY-SA 4.0

2 Likes

none of these meet the photo resolution requirement so cannot use them. The net and helios are past winning entries.

I’m sorry, I didn’t notice the high resolution requirements. I removed the post.

Karl Schneider has created incredible artwork for Ubuntu Budgie, among others. It would be a tribute to his efforts to include some of his artwork.

https://plus.google.com/+KarlSchneider1

https://www.deviantart.com/karl-schneider/gallery/

Excellent artist. Unfortunately they contain the budgie branding asset and as per the rules this will not allow the wallpaper to be used on any other flavour.

Now that you mention it, I do see the Budgie branding. I thought those were just teardrops. :upside_down_face:

Let’s try a couple of different wallpapers…

https://plus.google.com/+KarlSchneider1

CharlieHenson at…

2 Likes

My two submissions

luca-micheli-455516-unsplash

Photo by Luca Micheli on Unsplash

federico-beccari-62960-unsplash

Photo by Federico Beccari on Unsplash

2 Likes