Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 wallpaper contest

So here it is - lets get the best of the best wallpapers for the next LTS - 20.04 Ubuntu Budgie - and your winning entry (or entries) will be admired for the next three years!

We need you to submit your best photos. Just reply and attach or web-link to your photos.

Rules - just two key rules:

If the wallpaper is NOT your own work we need the link to the original source together with the Authors name - the license for images that are not yours MUST be CC0 or CC-BY-SA 4.0
Our target resolution is 3840 x 2160 (4K) - so please don’t submit images that are less than the target - don’t worry if it is more though!

Guidelines for desktop wallpaper images:

• If in doubt what images to submit - have a look at our 18.10/19.04 or 19.10 default wallpapers (packages budgie-wallpapers-cosmic, budgie-wallpapers-disco or budgie-wallpapers-eoan)
• Images shouldn’t be too busy and filled with too many shapes and colors, a similar tone throughout is a good rule of thumb.
• A single point of focus, a single area that draws the eye into the image, can also help you avoid something too cluttered.
• Try your image at different aspect ratios to make sure something important isn’t cropped out on smaller/ larger screens at different resolutions.
• No brand names or trademarks of any kind.
• No branding assets like ubuntu-budgie or text in order to permit use by derivative distributions.
• No version numbers as some may prefer to continue to use your theme with an older version of Ubuntu.
• No illustrations some may consider inappropriate, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libellous.
• No sexually explicit or provocative images.
• No images of weapons or violence.
• No alcohol, tobacco, or drug use imagery.
• No designs which promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against groups or individuals; or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• No religious, political, or nationalist imagery.
• Use PNG & JPG formats

Licenses

all submissions must adhere to one of the following:

• Submissions must adhere to the Creative Commons ShareAlike 4.0 to be considered for use in ubuntu-budgie
• Submissions must adhere to the Creative Commons With Attribution License v3 or v4 to be considered for use in ubuntu-budgie
• Submissions can use the Creative Commons Zero Waiver (CC0) - the original author if its not you must be specified.

Also, submitting your wallpaper confirms to us you are willing to share your submission with with one of these licenses, have understood the license terms and that it is your work (or correctly attributed). If the license is not as specified above we will assume CC-BY-SA 4.0

Here. They’re all licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0 and are mine :).

Will upload more in the future if needed :wink:
Hope one of them makes it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Nice images :slight_smile: Please do look at the resolution requirements - some of the images we cannot use since the resolution is too low.

2 Likes

@fossfreedom I don’t think any of them are 4K sadly nvm, they are. :frowning: Would upscaling work?
If so, I’ll upload 4k versions asap :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess if they are close to 4K then great - no need to worry. If they are significantly below 4K then upscaling will not help.

1 Like

My window in Joinville, Brazil

Hi and welcome - lovely picture - I’ve copied the image from your google-drive to here since we could not the picture. It does look though to be a very low resolution picture which we cannot use :frowning:

Well most of them are above 4k, but some of them are under.
You can check all of them at https://500px.com/gsbhasin84

Which ones were non4K again? Thanks

3 Likes

2 Likes

Whoa nice pics :slight_smile: @fossfreedom BTW I’m happy to upscale anything that can be upscaled…

Thanks! Taken with my iPhone! Hopefully I can contribute to Ubuntu!

Yeah :stuck_out_tongue: I have a pro level camera, but nothing good to take a picture of :frowning:
Also your second picture is under 4K resolution, it can’t be used :frowning:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Am I doing it right by adding them here

Yes you are :slight_smile: Great job, make sure they’re 4k tho, a lot of them aren’t :frowning: