Ubuntu budgie 21.04 not loading giving error on desktop

Please assist I had a devastating failure of my budgie desktop, I had to reinstall the desktop and since then I have not been able to work in budgie, There is no buttons to minimise or close windows and no desktop wallpaper or icons, just a white error message. I’ve tried reinstalling but after the last attempt I lost all my info on my drive as well as my external backup drive.!

I get a sad face on my desktop with “Oh no! Something has gone wrong. A problem has occurred and the system can’t recover. Please log out and try again.”
screen|690x434

Regards
Jacques

Odd… very odd.

What did you do before this happened? Install or uninstalling any software?

Reboot. Then when you reach the login screen press ctrl alt f3

This will switch to a tty

Login

Type the following carefully to reinstall the key packages

sudo apt install --reinstall budgie-desktop budgie-core gir1.2-budgie-1.0 libbudgie-plugin0 libbudgie-private0 libbudgietheme0 libraven0 gnome-control-center budgie-desktop-environment ubuntu-budgie-desktop

reboot --

Now try logging in as normal.

I had problems with Python 3.96 in VSCode, uninstalled Python in the process wiping out Budgie.
I then reinstalled Budgie with no luck,Ialso installed Python 3.95 and 3.96 but still got the error.
I log in fine to all my other desktops ,Gnome, KDE ect without any problems but my favourite Budgie still not working after your advise.

Thank You

Hmm… 'fraid I don’t know. Uninstalling python will break lots of stuff. Just installing python will not install all packages that were previously uninstalled.

You have compounded the difficulty with multiple desktops, any of which could be confusing the start up of budgie

I usually say in these critical issues that you should do a fresh install to get back to a stable state.