Update Budgie Desktop version from 10.6.1 to 10.6.4

Hi,

Probably a simple answer to my question, but I was not able to find on the web or forum. I’m currently on Budgie Desktop version 10.6.1 and would like to upgrade to 10.6.4. I however do not seem to be able to find how this can be achieved. Do I need to wait, until it is packaged somehow? Or can/must I do this manually (how)?

Thanks a lot for pointing me in the correct direction!

Cheers.

1 Like

Right - so for Jammy we are backporting critical and stability based stuff - so while the version may say “10.6.1” it actually will over time evolve to have a whole bunch of fixes.

Each interim release after jammy will automatically come with the latest version of budgie including user based stuff. So kinetic will have 10.6.4 (plus a whole bunch of other stuff on top as well).

We do offer a daily build that has the latest git master build - i.e. straight from upstream with no “ubuntu budgie team finesse”

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntubudgie-dev/budgie-desktop-test
sudo apt update

As its a git master build - you will always be “on the latest warts and all”

2 Likes

Late to the party but it just showed up in my email today; Doesn’t sudo apt dist-upgrade automatically upgrade the ppa’s from Jammy to Kinetic? I know I had to upgrade from jammy to kinetic via that command as the daily wasn’t working properly for me, and I just looked at my repo’s and they are already updated to them.
Unless nala my package manager is installing them unbeknownst to me, I doubt it though.